• Keren

June 2, 2018 at 3:23 pm

Hi, all! I am one of three general partners of Clay Heart Farm outside of Davis, CA. While Clay Heart Farm is in its first year of production of mixed vegetables, tree fruits, and cut flowers, I have farmed mixed produce and sheep on this particular property for 3 of the last 4 previous years, and each year is hotter, with weirder weather and stronger pest pressure. One of my farm partners is also my partner in life, Sean, and he is the one that instigated getting us into this course. I filled out the application, but he’ll be sitting in on the course, as well. We want to know, can we keep farming? How do we adapt and change to make this livelihood a possibility for us in the future? I’m also interested in how we need to bring more underrepresented people into the realm of farming and farm leadership so that we all have the know how to grow food for our communities and have access to food as the global and political climate make that more and more difficult. I’m here because I want to be a part of building more resilient communities.