• Erin

June 4, 2018 at 12:51 pm

Hello! I’m Erin, and I am in my second season farming at Rainshadow Organics, a 200 acre full-diet farm in Central Oregon. I grew up in Portland, Oregon and have spent most of the past six years living and working in San Francisco. My interest in farming is rooted in my boundless curiosity in food systems, food cultures, and a commitment to building a more just and equitable world. I’ve worked as a community organizer, director of an international youth leadership program, and most recently at a cooking and nutrition education non-profit. I had considered entering a full-time farmer training program for years, and loved my first season at Rainshadow so much that I decided to return.

This season I am both a farm apprentice and also our Outreach Manager, working to bring more people out to the farm and connect with our local food system. I am piloting a full diet, free choice CSA program, launching cooking classes in our farm store, and strengthening our marketing and communications.